Be part of a growing movement for place-based change – Wednesday 1 March – Friday 3 March, 2023.
ChangeFest is a national movement for place-based change. Since 2018 the movement has gathered together for three country-wide events. Starting in 2018 Logan (Yagara and Yugambeh Country), then 2019 Mt Druitt (Darug Country) and most recently, 2020 Palmerston (Larrakia Country). Each gathering has been a gathering for celebration and learning of how communities and collaborators are leading change.
The kutalayna Collective now invites you to lutruwita/Tasmania for the ChangeFest23 gathering.
What to expect from ChangeFest23
Come ready for a program full of opportunities to share and learn together with community leaders, policy makers, funders, service providers and other collaborators of place-based change. This will include:
- Creativity and celebration of communities leading change in ways that care for country and all people
- Stories of changemakers working to change the system at local, regional and national levels
- Workshops for people wanting to learn more of the ‘how to’ of collaboration in place
- Learning circles for people who want to yarn and build deeper connections across the movement
- Opportunities for forming networks for learning and action on systemic challenges that are shared across communities
ChangeFest events generally reach maximum capacity quickly, so we encourage you to confirm your place for the CF23 event now. Here are a few tips to help you get ready.
Travel and accommodation:
Event venue: The Brighton Civic Centre (25 Green Point Rd, Bridgewater) and surrounding area will be the primary venue for ChangeFest 23.
Accommodation: there are a number of accommodation providers in nipaluna/Hobart that we recommend which you can find through www.booking.com
- Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart, Davey Street *
- Ibis Styles Hobart Hotel, Macquarie Street *
- Best Western Hobart, Macquarie Street *
- Brighton Hotel Motel (6 min drive)
- Claremont Hotel (11 min drive)
- Riverfront Motel and Villas (13 min drive)
- Waterfront Lodge Motel (22 min drive)
* use shuttle bus from Grand Chancellor Hobart CBD to venue (25 min)
- Travel to the event venue: We will have ChangeFest buses departing the Hotel Grand Chancellor each morning and returning at the end of the day. It is 25 minutes (approximately) one way. You do not need to stay at the Grand Chancellor to access this bus service but you may want to stay close by for easy access.
- Flight bookings: the ChangeFest event will start at 9am on Wednesday 1 March and finish at 3.30pm on Friday 3 March 2023. The Brighton Civic Centre is a 35 minute drive (approximately) from Hobart airport. We encourage you to fly in the day before if possible to avoid any unexpected interruptions.
Introduction to ChangeFest23 and the movement for change:
- We will have introductory activities to ChangeFest (online in February 2023) to help you prepare for the event. Register your interest here.
- Contribute ideas for the event program. We invite you to share your ideas for the 2023 program. Register your interest for sharing your ideas about the ChangeFest movement and ChangeFest23 event here.
There are no refunds for ChangeFest tickets but they are transferrable. ChangeFest also encourages people to ‘pay it forward’ to someone else who may not be able to cover the costs of attending. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a name transfer.